Mappedin (“we”, “us” or “our”, as appropriate) is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information entrusted to us by the users of its website (collectively “Users” and individually a “User”, or “you” or “your”, as appropriate).
What is Personal Information?
What Personal Information we collect
Mappedin only collects only the Personal Information that is necessary for the purposes stated below, such as your name and email address.
In addition to Personal information, we may automatically collect information when you use our website. This may include the browser you used to come to our website, the Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the web site that you just visited before visiting our website, your access times, language, your usage and activity on our website, your location, any search terms you entered, which URL you go to next, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We may use third-party analytics, cookies and other online tracking technologies to help us collect information of Users who visit our website.
Purpose and use
We may collect information for the purpose of identifying you when (i) you use the contact form on our website, (ii) you request to join our mailing list, and (iii) you download content from our website.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to any of your inquiries submitted through our website and to follow-up on any inquiries;
- To personalize your experience interacting with our website;
- To send you newsletters, promotional information and other information;
- To meet all relevant and applicable regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
Disclosure to third parties
Mappedin may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- To our affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or other administrative purposes;
- To our third party service providers in order to fulfill your order of our product and services or to perform specific services on our behalf (such as credit card processing, credit card information updates, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, management of customer service requests, and product delivery);
- To parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Mappedin business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties; and
- To our legal advisors or appropriate governmental authorities, if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, and for legal reasons.
Protection of your Personal Information
Mappedin has and does its best efforts to maintain technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information in a manner that is reasonable and appropriate to the nature of the Personal Information you provide to us.
We may place advertising or other links on our website that originate from outside advertisers. We do not control cookies on these sites, nor are we responsible for any marketing or other use of your information by these advertisers.
Third party websites
Furthermore, MAPPEDIN ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF OUR WEBSITE AND APPLICATION, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON OUR WEBSITE. Mappedin specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by anyone under the age of 18 of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
Retention of your Personal Information
If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including any Personal Information therein. We keep your Personal Information for such period as is reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your Personal Information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be securely erased from our records or made anonymous.
Updating/accessing/amending/correcting Personal Information
If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire us to use your Personal Information, you may request us to correct, update, amend, delete/remove your Personal Information. Please contact us at the contact information provided below in order to do so.
We may require that you provide us with valid proof of identity before providing access to such information.
Address: 460 Phillip Street #300, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 5J2
Telephone: (519) 594-0102
Last Update: January 1, 2022